- Idly rice – 800 g
- Whole black gram – 200 g
- Fenugreek seeds – 2 Table spoon
- Sago - Handful
- Salt – 2 Table spoon
- Soak black gram and fenugreek seeds (together about one hour, preferably in cold water) and grind them with required amount of water (used for soaking), in a wet grinder.
- Soak idly rice with Sago (about one hour) and grind to a fine paste with required amount of water in a wet grinder.
- Mix these two batters, add salt and allow it to ferment for about 6- 8 hrs in room temperature.
- Pour batter in idly pan and make idlis by steam cooking for about 15 – 20 mins.
- Carrot – 3
- Tamarind – 1 Table spoon
- Black gram seeds – 1 Table spoon
- Split channa dal - 1 Table spoon
- Dried red chilies – 3
- Cashew nut – 1 Table spoon
- Dry roasted Groundnuts – 1 Table spoon
- Ginger – small piece
- Grated coconut – 25 g
- Curry leaves –Few
- Heat a table spoon of oil in a pan. Add cashew nut, black gram, split channa dal, curry leaves and red chili. Fry till they are slightly brown in low flame. Keep it aside.
- Then fry grated carrot in the same pan till raw smell disappears and allow it to cool.
- Grind them with grated coconut, cashews, groundnuts, ginger, tamarind paste and salt.
- Serve with hot idlis.