- Carrot – 2
- Chopped onion – ½ Cup
- Mung dal – 2 Tablespoon
- Urud dal - ½ Table spoon
- Mustard seeds – ¼ Table spoon
- Sambar powder – ½ Table spoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ Tea spoon
- Grated coconut – 2 Table spoon
- Oil – 1 Table spoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – as needed
- Cook mung dal with little amount of water (do not mash).
- Chop carrot into small pieces. Cook them by adding salt, turmeric powder and sambar powder.
- In a pan heat oil and add mustard seeds. When they pop up add urud dal and fry for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and a pinch of salt. Fry until onion becomes slightly brown.
- Add curry leaves, cooked carrot and mung dal. Toss them well. Adjust the salt and close the lid. Simmer for few seconds.
- Add grated coconut and turn off stove.
- Serve it with plain rice or sambar rice or curd rice.
- This recipe is good for kids because it is fully loaded with Vitamin A, B, Proteins and minerals. Kids love this bright colour so it is good for picky eaters as well.
Nutty Lemon Rice
Sending these two recipes to Creative Sanyukta's A Visual Treat