- Sweet potato – 1
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Brown sugar – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1½Teaspoons
- Baking soda – 1 Teaspoon
- Eggs - 2
- Salt – ½ Teaspoon
- Cinnamon – ½ Teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg – ½ Teaspoon
- Vegetable oil or butter – 1/3 cup
- Grated orange rind – 1 Tablespoon
- Orange juice – ¾ cup
- Mixed nuts (chopped walnuts and pecans) – 1/3 cup
- Pressure cook sweet potato and let it cool. Remove outer skin and mash sweet potato until smooth.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk in eggs, oil and orange rind and juice until smooth. Pour over flour mixture; stir just until combined.
- Now add mashed sweet potato, mix slightly. Then scoop into paper-lined or greased muffin cups.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let it cool.
Torview. I sincerely thank Akheela and Tetley for the great event.